Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,
Banner for Alameda County Environmental Health shows picture of department building.
Food Safety Program

> Overview
> Restaurant Grading System
>Placard Grading Policy and Procedures
> Restaurant Inspection Results
>California Retail Food Code (Cal Code)
>Sherman Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Laws
>California Food Handler Card Law
> Plan Check Documents
> Temporary Events
> Mobile Food Facilities
>Mobile Food Placarding Information
Related Links
> CCDEH Food Documents
> Health Safety Notices
> Safe Food Handling
> Cross-Contamination Issues
> Proper Hand Washing
> Cooking Temperatures
> Handling Take-Out/Leftovers
> Berkeley Food Facility Program
Temporary Events

The Department of Environmental Health defines a "Temporary Food Facility" as a food facility operating out of temporary facilities approved by the enforcement officer at a fixed location for a period of time not to exceed 25 consecutive or nonconsecutive days in any 90-day period in conjunction with a community event.

  • Mobile Food Vending FREE Info-Sessions held every Monday at 10AM, starting Oct. 7th (10/1/13)
    Looking for information on how to permit your Mobile Food Business with Alameda County Environmental Health? Starting on Oct. 7, 2013, we will be holding a free info-session at our office, every Monday (excluding County holidays) for those who have questions on where to begin. Info-sessions will begin at 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM in room 106. Check in between 9:30-10AM at the 1st Floor Reception Desk at 1131 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda - Directions.
Applications & Handouts for Temporary Event Sponsors and Food Booth Operators Fee Exemption Forms For School Fundraisers, Non-Profit Charities, & Sole Proprietor Veterans
Temporary Events Contact Information

For questions regarding the status of your temporary event permit or to ask a question about your application or event please submit an inquiry here.

Alameda County Department of Environmental Health
1131 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA, 94502-6577

For questions, please refer first to the FAQ page for both Mobile Food Facilites and/or Temporary Events.

* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.

Online Services
> Restaurant Inspection Results (map version)
> Restaurant and Mobile Food Facility Inspection Results (non map version and mobile device enabled)
> Submit a Foodborne Illness Complaint

*Requires the free Adobe Reader.
> Temporary Event Booth
Pre-inspection/Self Inspection Form
(PDF - 95kb)*
> Temporary Food Facility Permit or Catered Event Permit Application (PDF - 1mb)*
> Temporary Events Sponsor Application (PDF - 478kb)*
> Food Safety Certification Schedule and Registration: classes taught in English (PDF - 164kb)*
> Food Safety Certification Schedule and Registration: classes taught in Spanish (PDF - 308kb)*

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2018 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility