For Reservation & Rental Information please call
The library operates a fee-based document delivery service. Library materials can be copied, then mailed, faxed, or e-mailed. Call (510) 208-4832 for information. Library staff require an exact citation and will not do legal research.
The fees are moderate. A handling charge of $10.00 applies to all orders.
Copying and mailing of hardcopy materials (paper) is $1.00 per page plus postage; microfiche materials are $1.25 per page plus postage.
Hardcopy materials can be faxed at $1.00 per page, microfiche at a $1.25 per page.
E-mailed material is $15.00 a citation. Not all material can be e-mailed.
For out-of-state requests, add $0.50 per page. Mailing and UPS charges are additional. The rush transmittal fee for requests needed within one hour is $25.00.
Most computer services are available at both the Main library in Oakland and at the Branch Library in Hayward:
- Public workstations offer law databases.
- Wireless Internet is available.
- Some databases are available to your laptops within the libraries.
- Printing from all computers is $.25 per page.
- Download print driver for your laptop printing by clicking here (PDF - 119kB)*
- Reference staff in Oakland sells 1 GB USB 2.0 flash drives.
Legal research and library related work may be done on our public Internet station. There is a ten-minutes per day per person limit on use. Please review the posted use policies at the library.