Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,
Alameda County Law Library logo.
Click here to take our re-design survey



Disclaimer: The free forms on this site are not legal advice. The web links are to third party providers often government entities or not-for-profit organizations. Although we endeavor to provide quality information, we have not reviewed the contents and do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information. These forms should not be considered a substitute for legal advice from competent counsel. The Alameda County Law Library has print directories listing attorneys and links to websites listing attorneys at /law/refservices/referrals.htm and numerous books in the library on many legal topics listed in its catalog at



Forms to Start a Divorce or Legal Separation

* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.

** Microsoft Word (DOCX) file requires the free Microsoft Word Viewer.

Form Name Form Number Purpose Instructions
Petition - Marriage (Family Law) FL-100* To start a divorce or legal separation when you are married. Lists dates, children, property, and debts. Do NOT use FL-100 if you are trying to end a same-sex marriage at the same time as a domestic partnership.
Petition - Domestic Partnership/Marriage (Family Law) FL-103* To start a divorce or legal separation when you are registered domestic partners. Also use FL-103 to end a domestic partnership at the same time as a same-sex marriage. Lists dates, children, property, and debts.

Click for the information sheet on the Legal Steps for a Divorce (Dissolution) (FL-107-INFO*)
Legal Steps for a Divorce (Dissolution) (FL-107-INFO*)
Summons (Family Law) FL-110* Tells your spouse or domestic partner that a court case has started and what will happen if he or she does not respond in 30 days.
Proof of Service of Summons (Family Law - Uniform Parentage - Custody and Support) FL-115* Tells the court you had the papers served on your spouse or domestic partner
If you have children under the age of 18 with your spouse or domestic partner, fill out Form FL-105 and file it with your petition:
Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) FL-105/GC-120* Tells the judge who the children have been living with and if any other custody orders exist that involve this case. Instructions for Form FL-105*
Child Custody and Visitation Application Attachment Form FL-311* Optional form, but it may help you ensure you do not leave anything out of your request.
If you need more room on your petition to list your property and debts, use the following form:
Property Declaration (Family Law) FL-160* Lists each item of property and debt and whether you think it is community or separate property

Click for information on fee waivers.
Forms to Complete Your Preliminary Disclosure

Form Name Form Number Purpose Instructions
Declaration of Disclosure FL-140* Cover sheet listing all attachments included with your preliminary disclosure.
Income and Expense Declaration FL-150* Gives your financial information to the court and to your spouse or domestic partner. You need to attach:
  • A copy of pay stubs for the last 2 months, OR
  • A recent profit and loss statement if you are self-employed or own any rental property.
Schedule of Assets and Debts

or a

Property Declaration

List of your property and debts. You can choose either form.
Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure FL-141* This form tells the court you sent your disclosure documents as required. This is the only financial disclosure-related form you have to file with the court.
Response - Marriage (Family Law)


Response - Domestic Partnership/Marriage (Family Law)

Click to see the Legal Steps for a Divorce (Dissolution) (FL-107-INFO)*.
Proof of Personal Service FL-330* For instructions, read Information Sheet for Proof of Personal Service (Form FL-330-INFO)*
Proof of Service by Mail FL-335* For instructions, read Information Sheet for Proof of Service by Mail (Form FL-335-INFO)*


Form Name Instructions
Complaint - Unlawful Detainer UD-100*

Answer - Unlawful Detainer UD-105*

Alameda County Law Library
125 Twelfth Street
Oakland, CA 94607-4912

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2019 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility