Homelessness Solutions Summit 2018
The afternoon portion of the summit centered around a mini hackathon where participants were asked to "hack" solutions to homelessness. The participants were assigned to four solution areas. Within each of the solution areas, they selected a sub-group to work with.
- Trash and Illegal Dumping
- Hygiene and Cleanliness
- Assessment of encampment services
- Safety and Security
- Housing and Anti-Displacement
- Maximizing usage of existing land and property
- Creating a Housing Trust
- Short/long term and permanent housing
- Homelessness prevention: renter protections, flexible funding, etc.
- Information Clearing House
- Resource Availability (CBO, Government, Faith Based)
- Collaboration, Coordination and Quality Control
- Location, accessibility and engagement
- Marketing and Communication
- Regional Communication and Collaboration
- Communication Protocol
- Policies and guidelines for Regional Response
- Coordinated response/policy to encampments
- Governance and Accountability
Each sub-group was asked to "hack" solutions. The sub-groups were asked to use flipcharts and easles to create a 3 minute presentation of their ideas.
Visit our photo galleries to view photos of the flipcharts to see what they created and presented.